24 July 2014

Everyday Things...


these boys and their music // Helen, GA is a cheesetatic Alpine Village // with good friends at Creature Comfort Brewery // admiring my tubing bruises // a find for a friend // Hurricane Shoals // missing Ms. Chubby // Thai Food *droooool* // Arabia Mountain

Here in Athens we're all gearing up for the beginning of August...when 30,000+ people return to UGA for the fall semester.  I've been working mainly 12-14 hour days in the bakery (mainly) and on the floor (sometimes...and by 'floor' I mean serving or managing) and then taking 2 days off to recuperate in style.  Style = 1 day in bed watching reading and/or watching movies, and 1 day hiking/kayaking.  I don't mind a bit really since I'm fed, watered and allowed to wear almost anything I want.  I've told y'all I'm a simple person and I really mean that.  Maybe too simple.  Probably too simple.

Annnnnd here are some things that I found/read/ate/want as of late...

Obsessed with linen Japanese aprons for work...

Really wishing I had this postcard to swap with someone...

I recently finished reading an Alan Turing biography so I'm beyond thrilled that they're making a movie about his life/work AND Benedict Cumberbatch is starring!

Just picked up a copy of A Slight Trick of the Mind from the library and I can't wait to get started...

Best sunburn remedies?  Yes, PLEASE!  We got cooked while kayaking on the river yesterday even though we applied at least 3 layers of 50+ sunblock...

These two dogs are the cutest things ever!  Fingers crossed they find an amazing home ASAP...

I've been making all things lavender and lemon in the bakery but this bundt cake is *must* for brunch this weekend...

Happy Thursday to you!  Have a great one, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Your bruises make you look extra tough and cool. Also, I am now craving Thai food. The book sounds interesting. If you're going to the public library on Baxter, I work part-time there now- it's such a great space and resource in Athens, definitely one of my favorite things in town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloe Vera and Apple Cider Vinager for the sunburn, from one albino to another...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO NICE TO KNOW that other people like to spend a day off in bed reading and watching! I like days like that too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always delighted to hear from folks! Every comment is much appreciated...