18 July 2014

Athens Life - Hurricane Shoals...



After spending most of last week and the weekend under fake lighting I decided that I would take a day trip to somewhere, anywhere, this week.  Even if it meant that I would get gross and dirty since it was hot, buggy and muggy.  Well, that day off was all those things but it was also miniature golf, ice tea in mason jars, a scenic country drive, a 10 minute fight with Brady in a parked car (the stress of work had made me a wee bit cranky) and some exploring north of Athens.

Hurricane Shoals is where we ended up and while it wasn't the best park I've ever been to it certainly wasn't the worst.  The shoals were full of folks splashing around to beat the heat but the real gem of the place was the spooky Village-esque arrangement of historical buildings.  They were almost all open to the public all the time even though the had furniture, books and farming implements inside.  It was actually a bit spooky...












Yep.  I got a nice little sunburn that day but, hey, I was out from underneath all those fake lights in the bakery...

2 comments:

  1. Though it seems creepy (which the face did it for me, haha) these are excellent photos, as always!

    Fake lightning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florescent lighting. :) I have to keep the blinds drawn in the bakery due to the summer heat/sun adding to the meltiness of cake icings and the like. Lately I've had to turn on those overhead lights and I *hate* bright, fakey lights. My house is natural light driven with only a few lamps lit at night...cozy, I think.

      Delete

I'm always delighted to hear from folks! Every comment is much appreciated...