Sharing My October Goals
No "Shoulda Coulda Woulda" For Me!Since I'm in a bit of a blogging slump due to my crazy work schedule and my ability to stay focused during these last few weeks, I decided to things in hand and create a small list of goals that I'd like to accomplish this month in order to get a bit more on track. I've always admired Jessie's personal/professional/happiness lists over at Young Georgia Love so I have to give credit to her for this idea...and we even have a few of the same goals for the month. Because we're cool like that.
- Connect with friends more. Since I've moved and started the new job I've left some of my really good friendships go without nurturing. This month I plan to call/visit more often and to really appreciate those special folks.
- Bake something with cinnamon every week. The kitchen is the warmest room in the house (which a bummer during the summer but very nice in the fall), I've not baked in a bit, it makes the house smell all delicious-y seasonal and cinnamon is very good for you.
- Vote. Simply one of the most important things I'll do all year.
- Visit yet another state park nearby. The weather is great, the leaves are changing, hiking is one of my favorite things ever and I can continue to practice my mad photography skills. Win-win-win-win.
- Go to a haunted house even if there are clowns. I'm not a horror fan but there's something about haunted houses that I just love! My last trip to one was a few years back so it's time for another round. By the way, have you seen this? Ha!
- Dress up for and go to the Wild Rumpus. This is an iffy since I might have to work but if not then I'm totally there. Howl at the moon? Why, yes I will. And no matter what I'll be dressing up. Oh, and I have no idea what my Halloween costume will be. Last year I was a Bota Box and the year before that I was Abby from NCIS. Hmmmm...
- Read, read, read. I've only made it through half the books I picked up during my last library visit and that's just sad because I only picked up a few. My mind feels mushy lately and I know why. I need to read cookbooks for the cinnamon baking project, a few I won't name here because they are political and/or controversial (not bringing conflict to the space today), one to help with the crushing debt of student loans (UGH!), one to help quit smoking and one on boondocking (I'll be back another time to talk about this one!).
- Complete at least 2 of my 100 Before 40 goals. I'm thinking of trying calligraphy as well as taking a family portrait and participating in a cooking class.
- Visit Washington Farms to take a hayride, pick out a pumpkin and take a turn at their pumpkin slingshot. Yep. 'Nuff said.
- Start my Couch To 5K again. I want to hike part of the Appalachian Trail next year so I need to kick up my health choices a bit. Pilates is great and I feel better than I have in a long time but I want to run at least a few times a week too.
- Be happy. With my body. With quirks and faults. With my abilities. With my desire for change. Happiness is something that comes with effort, appreciation and reflection. It's work but the best full-time job ever. I'm in.